In this lesson, your tutor will help you go over this topic: Advice. First, go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Read the word/expression and definition out loud, and your tutor will go over anything you do not understand. Practice creating a sentence or two to make sure you know how to use the word/expression properly.
|If I were…
|If I were you, I would travel around the world.
|My advice is…
|My advice is to exercise every day.
|I think you should…
|I think you should study more.
|How about making dinner together?
|Why don’t you go out with your friends?
|You should try the chicken.
|… works for me.
|Taking notes works for me.
|You better say you are sorry.
|In that case, I would…
|In that case, I would call the doctor.
|Make sure you…
|Make sure you set your alarm.
Use the following questions as a guideline to form an interesting conversation with your tutor. Feel free to diverge from these suggestions if anything interesting comes up.
- I want to quit smoking. What should I do?
- I won the lottery. What should I do?
- I want to lose at least 15kg. What should I do?
- I found a wallet with $5,000 in it. Should I spend it?
- I hate working. What should I do?
- I feel sad. What should I do?
- I had a big fight with my best friend. What should I do?
- I am always late. What should I do?
- I keep losing my car key. What should I do?
- My boyfriend always wants to be with me. What should I do?