In this lesson, your tutor will help you go over this topic: Animal & Pets. First, go over the following vocabulary and expressions with your tutor. Read the word/expression and definition out loud, and your tutor will go over anything you do not understand. Practice creating a sentence or two to make sure you know how to use the word/expression properly.
|All-inclusive||(adj) – your food, drinks, and hotel room are all included in the price|
|Sightseeing||(n) – the activity of visiting places of interest in a particular location|
|Resort||(n) – a place where people can go on vacations to relax or for an activity they enjoy|
|Self-guided tour||(n) – when you go visit a place of interest without an expert|
|Guided tour||(n) – an organized group shown around a place of interest by an expert|
|Tour Guide||(n) – an expert who takes tourists, usually in a group, to a place of interest|
|Long weekend||(n) – an extended weekend including Friday and/or Monday|
|Get away||(phrasal verb) – go on vacation/holiday or a short break away from home|
|Set off||(phrasal verb) – start a journey or trip|
|Travel light||(idiom) – to bring a few things with you on a trip|
Use the following questions as a guideline to form an interesting conversation with your tutor. Feel free to diverge from these suggestions if anything interesting comes up.
- Do you have any pets? If you don’t have a pet, why not?
- What is your pet’s name? How did you choose this name?
- Describe your relationship with your pet.
- Do you ever talk to your pet? If so, what do you say?
- Are you a dog person or a cat person? Why do you prefer one over the other?
- Do you think animals have thoughts and feelings? Why do you think so?
- Do you think animals have souls? Why or why not?
- Do you know someone who own an unusual pet?
- What do you think about people spending a lot of money on their pets?
- George Bernard Shaw said, “Animals are my friends…and I don’t eat my friends.” Do you agree? Share your thoughts with your Tm Tutor