1. had 2. were/was shining 3. had gone. 4.could swim
5. knew 6. lived 7. had told 8. was/ were wearing
9. had 10. would stop 11. had gone 12. would sing
13. was/were lying 14. wouldn’t give 15. had driven 16. had gotten
17. were/was 18. would go 19. hadn’t quit 20. would lend
1. I hadnt’ eaten 2. It’d/ it would stop 3. I knew
4. I’d/ I had taken 5. Ann were/ was 6. They’d/ they would hurry up
7. didn’t have 8. We’d/ we had had 9. It wasn’t/ weren’t
10. I could 11. I hadn’t said 12. You’d/ you would slow down
13. we hadn’t gone 14. You wouldn’t go/ didn’t go 15. I’d/ I had saved
16. it was/ were 17. I had found 18. somebody would answer
19. there weren’t 20. You had told
1. I wish I knew French.
2. I wish it were not noisy for me to read the book.
3. I wish I had a bicycle so that I won’t walk to school everyday.
4. I wish it didn’t rain heavily now.
5. I wish the book were not expensive for me to afford it.
6. I wish I had a lot of friends.
7. I wish I had free time to watch the TV programs.
8. I wish she knew my address.
9. I wish there were (a lot of) people in the hall.
10. I wish they were not late for the meeting
or: I wish they were on time for the meeting.
11. I wish there were enough water for US to drink.
12. I wish the question were not difficult for US to answer.
13. I wish I didn’t have to go now.
14. I wish he were good at speaking.
15. I wish it were not far from my house to my school.
16. I wish she advised him to give up smoking.
17. I wish I had come to the party last night.
18. I wish you had given me a chance to tell you the truth.
19. Mary wishes she could attend your wedding next week.
20. I wish I had learned to play a musical instrument.